Not only do they have rocking bodies, their hair is also to die for!!! Karena & Katrina from ‘Tone it up’ both have beautiful hair. If you’re dreaming of long and shiny hair like these babes, it is really important that you eat the right foods to get those lucious locks. Incorporate these products in your daily diet and you will have happy hair in no time!
How to get luscious locks like the Tone It Up Girls
1. Salmon: There’s nothing fishy about omega 3 fatty acids! They are the way to go! Salmon is not only very yummy but it’s also stacked with protein and Vitamin D. Which are both crucial for strong hair. The omega 3 fatty acids are also found in the hair shaft, keeping the scalp healthy and hydrated and gives your hair some serious shine. Other fish you can choose are mackerel, sardines and herring.
2. Blueberries: It is no suprise that fruits and veggies are very important for healthy hair. Especially blueberries, they are full of Vitamin C which helps your body to produce sebum (Sebum is an oily substance in your hair follicles that acts as a natural conditioner.) They’re also packed with antioxidants, which protect from premature aging. Grapefruits, oranges and strawberries are also Vitamin bombs.
3. Lentils: Yup. These tiny fellows are your bff if you want long and thick hair. Together with beans they are little growth-boosting fellows. The iron, zinc and biotin prevent your hair from breaking. This is especially recommended to vegetarians, who may be lacking in iron normally found in beef, turkey, chicken or pork.
4. Sweet potato: A happy and healthy scalp is the beginning of beautiful hair. Sweet potato and carrots are beta-caroteen carriers and that’s what you need if you want to prevent a dry scalp and dandruff.
5. Walnuts: Cashews, almonds, pecans and Brazil nuts. All these nuts are filled with zinc, biotin, Vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids, these nuts protect your hair from sun damage and they prevent your hair from shedding. You can go nuts on nuts! Not the ones covered in chocolate 😉
6. Spinach: Leafy greens such as spinach and brocoli are nutritious and filled with anti-oxidants, calcium and iron. A lack of iron can cause hair loss and damage.
7. Pumpkin: Foods that produce beta-carotene can convert this to Vitamin A during digestion, which keeps your hair soft and supple. So stack up on pumpkin, sweet potatos, carrots, kale and asparagus.
8. Eggs: Egg whites contain biotin, which fights against brittle hair and hair loss. Eggs are also rich in cysteine, which is detoxifying and increases the thickness of hair strands.
9. Oats: Include foods rich in sicila into your diet. It’s helps your hair growing stronger and makes it more durable. Start the day with a good oat breakfast, which is rich in silica. Add some bananas, raisins and your have the perfect overnight oats!
10. Greek yogurt: Low fat dairy contains Vitamin B5 and Vitamin D which are linked to hair follicle growth. The calcium in greek yoghurt is also very important for hair growth, it can also be found in skim milk. The best Vitamin C and calcium combo? A cup of Greek yoghurt with fresh trawberries. Yum!
There you have it! The happy hair grocery list.