A few weeks ago, I made a delicious raw dish during the after-tox from sapje and I promised that I would share this with you girls. I made a raw vegan pasta from courgette and avocado which tasted oh so good.
Courgette is one of my favourite vegetables – you can add it to any dish, they are cheap and always in season. In stead of pastas loaded with gluten, we can use this delicious vegetable instead. All you need is the courgette and a vegetable spiraliser. And that’s how you make courgetti, a fresh, raw, vegan, gluten-free pasta that you can make with any sauce you like, perfect for the summer.
The sauce that I made for this recipe is an avocado pesto. You really want a rich and creamy texture so a ripe avocado would be perfect for this recipe. As you might read somewhere else, avocados are filled with good fats that fit perfectly in our healthy lifestyle.
- 1/2 courgette
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 5-8 leaves of basil
- a drizzle of olive oil
- a hand-full of cherry tomatoes
- 1tbs pinenuts
- salt and pepper
- vegetable spiraliser
- food processor / chopper
- Use the foodprocessor to chop the garlic and basil fine.
- Cut the avocado in two and remove the seed. Use a spoon to remove the avocado and add this to the garlic and basil.
- Add the lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil to the foodprocessor and bring to a creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Make the courgetti. Use the spiraliser to cut the courgette into long, thin slices.
- In a bowl, mix together the avocado pesto and the courgetti.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in 4 and add these to the pasta.
- Serve on a plate and top off with some pinenuts.
I really like this cold and fresh pasta dish and love to have it for lunch. You can always play around with the recipe and add any other ingredient you like. I once added some spinach leaves to the pesto and this tasted really good. Try this courgetti with avocado pesto and show me your creation. Don’t forget to tag me @libertysuares and use #FITGIRLCODE so we can see your pictures.