Our favourite play time activity at #FITGIRLCODE is going to an outdoor festival on the weekends! There’s nothing like dancing for the equivalent of a 10K run in the sun and showing off that booty you’ve been working on for months. I have compiled a list of summer festival essentials that are meant to combine fashion and the optimal festival experience:
- Fanny pack- This type of bag will make your life so easy while dancing and grooving, and you won’t need to worry about misplacing it anywhere. You can wear it around your waist or across your shoulder, so many possibilities!
- Romper with pockets- rompers provide comfort since they are soft and are not constraining, and they also allow adequate air flow to parts of your body that might get sweaty. Look for one with pockets so that you have a place to stow away any trinkets you find, like a lead singer’s guitar pick or your roommate’s keys that she is afraid to lose.
- Wild and round sunglasses- Let loose with animal print-inspired sunglasses, I’ve chosen one pair of thick glasses and one pair of thin. Which suits you best?
- Choker necklace- This accessory is easy to pair with any outfit, and you can keep it on all weekend without worrying about it or taking it off to swim, shower, or any other activities you wouldn’t want to wear your precious stones while doing.
- Suede shorts or skirt- suede is a material that will make you stand out, and you’re sure to wear the item in the future as well as suede can be worn all year round. I love this eye-catching red colour and, again, pockets always come in handy!
- Monochrome sneakers- are you an all-black or an all-white girl? Take your pick between these amazing sneakers that can seriously be worn anywhere from the office to a party. Keep in mind that if bad weather is forecasted for the day of your festival, you might want to stick to a very old pair of shoes since achieving the perfect festival outfit is not worth ruining these beauties.
- Fedora hat- Stay cool, protected, and fashionable with this colour block fedora hat. The price is totally reasonable and there are many colour options!
- Oversized denim jacket- just as comfortable as it is stylish, an oversized vintage Levi-style denim jacket is perfect for a chilly evening once the sun goes down. I highly recommend buying this at a secondhand store near you, otherwise you will often overpay and the quality of the original Levi’s is just unbeatable.
I’ve also thought of some essential non-clothing items that you’ll be glad to have, especially if you’re going to a longer festival. Don’t forget to pack:
- dry shampoo or taft volume powder (Andrélon sells both)
- baby wipes
- a hand-held fan
- a portable phone charger
All dressed up with nowhere to go? If you’re in the Rotterdam area, don’t miss the Blijdorp Festival taking place on Saturday, August 15th in Roel Langerpark. The lineup will not disappoint any girl who wants to show off her moves, and you’ll be guaranteed a warm welcome and atmosphere.
Let me know what your festival essentials are in the comment section below!