Hello chocoholics! Lately I have been getting the question whether my delicious recipes of pastries and cakes are really healthy… My answer is clear: YES YES YES!! Everything in moderation of course, but that goes for pretty much all of our food intake. Variation is key ladies! 😉
So this week, it’s time for a delicious and bikini body-proof recipe: a healthy choco cake!! Chocolate and cake are the most perfect combination if you ask me. But what if I told you I’ve included two zucchinis in this delicious cake?! I love hidden vegetables. It’s the perfect way for you to get all your vitamins and minerals without even noticing.
Enjoy it Fit Girls!
How to make this Healthy Choco Cake
Ingredients (makes for 1 cake)
- 2 zucchinis
- 150gr fine oatmeal
- 50gr coconut flour
- 40gr cacao
- 200ml water
- 6 dates
- 3tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2tbsp melted coconut oil
- 5 stevia drops
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Soak the dates for about 15 minutes in some hot water. Cut the zucchini into large chunks and put them into a blender. Add the soaked dates and mix until it becomes a smooth paste. Pour the mixture into a sieve and drain well. Make sure that most of the moisture has been drained. Use a spoon to go through the mixture.
- Mix all dry ingredients (oatmeal, coconut flour, cacao, baking powder and salt) in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, water, stevia and coconut oil. Stir well and add the (drained) zucchini mixture. Gradually add the dry mixture to the zucchini mixture. Mix well.
- Grease a cake tin with a little coconut oil, or put some baking paper in. Pour the batter into the cake tin and place in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the tin.