For some strange reason I have this biological granola clock. When Spring starts I love to eat yoghurt with granola in the morning. I can eat it alsmost every day for months. And then as soon as Fall comes around, I’m tired of it. That’s usually when I make a switch to eating (warm) oats in the morning.
Anyway. A little more than a year ago I stumbled uppon this super easy recipe for homemade granola. This recipe is so much healthier than any store bought granola. And to tell you the truth, it tastes a lot better too!
EASY HEALTHY HOMEMADE GRANOLA RECIPE
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
These measurements are flexible; don’t worry too much about being exact.
- 2 cups raw, whole rolled oats (aka old fashion oats)
- ½ cup raw nuts, chopped
- ¼ cup raw seeds (sunflower or pumpkin seeds are great)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried fruit, chopped (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons grade-b maple syrup or raw honey (or a combo of both)
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil or other healthy cooking oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or almond extract
- 1 large pinch fine sea salt