For the the last few months I’ve been really busy with my newest project, which I can finally reveal to you all... My next e-book is here! “Suikervrij bakken” (sugar free baking) it is girls! But oh boy, this one is still so sweet!
This Oreo Cake recipe is just one of my delicious recipes from the new e-book… Oh my! I have died and gone to heaven!! The good news is that this pie doesn’t contain 6000+ calories, lots of sugar and whipped cream. Yes girls, you can eat this pie without having to wait until "cheat day". And no, this pie doesn’t taste as good as it looks… it tastes waaay better!
How to make this healthy Oreo Cake
- 300g rye flour
- 200 gr of coconut flour
- 100 gr of cacao powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 200 gr apple sauce
- 6 eggs
- 5 stevia drops
- 200 grams of raw cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp honey
- 75 ml water
- Let the cashews soak in water for about 12 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Mix the rye flour, coconut flour, cacoa, baking powder and a good pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Mix in another bowl the applesauce, eggs and stevia.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Line two spring forms with baking paper and grease the sides with coconut oil.
- Divide the batter between the two spring forms and put in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Make the filling by finely grinding the soaked cashews in a food processor until you have a smooth paste. Then add the honey and water and mix well.
- Remove the cakes from the oven to cool.
- Spread the cashew paste onto one of the cakes, then place the other cake on top of it.
My latest e-book is for everyone who loves pies, cookies and muffins but doesn’t want to poison their body with junk and sugar. It is the ultimate guide to inspire you with all sorts of healthy baked goods a la Lisa. Go to my blog, In Love With Health to find more recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner too! Enjoy!