Well ladies, this is an easy peasy way to eat your veggies. This healthy carrot cake is a finger licking sensation! And… what’s in the name?… It’s raw!!! How cool is that? This means that you don’t even need an oven, pan, microwave or anything like that.
The base of this Healthy Raw Carrot Cake is made up of oats, grated coconut, dates and a mix of nuts. Then to top it off, a fresh coconut frosting. You can even add a little lemon to the frosting for some extra zingy, freshness. Enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE THIS HEALTHY RAW CARROT CAKE
- 30 gr pecans
- 30 gr walnuts
- 30 gr pistachios
- 8 dates
- 50 gr oats
- 4 grated carrots
- 40 gr grated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cake spice
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp grated coconut
- lemon juice
1. Soak the dates for about 10 minutes in warm water.
2. Put all the nuts in a food processor until they are mixed into tiny bits.
3. Add the soaked dates and the rest of the ingredients and add pinch of salt.
4. Mix together until it becomes a sticky dough mixture.
5. Line a small spring-form pan with baking paper, fill it with the mixture and put it in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
6. Make the frosting to mix the coconut cream with some boiling water until you get a smooth paste.
7. Top off the cake with the frosting and add some lemon juice to taste and some extra grated coconut.
8. Put it back in the refrigerator to stiffen up and until you are ready to eat it!