Powerful Coconut Breakfast Bars
This recipe from eerlijkereten.nl is a real winner for any Fit Girl looking for a delicious quick and healthy bar for breakfast, or even a tasty mid-morning snack. The ingredients of these Powerful Coconut Breakfast Bars will make sure you can pack a punch in the morning! Check out the recipe for these tasty bars which contain ingredients that provide all of the essentials to fuel your body.
In these bars you will find: shredded coconut, which contains antioxidants famous for their ability to fight free-radicals; dates, which provide you with a healthy dose of fibre that is essential for going to the bathroom regularly and a combination of nuts, which are packed full of other powerful vitamins and minerals worth shouting about. Put these ingredients together and you have yourself a breakfast bar which is bursting with important nutrients that will take you through the rest of the morning!
HOW TO MAKE THESE POWERFUL COCONUT BREAKFAST BARS
- 15 dates (pitted)
- a handful of raw cashews
- a handful of almonds
- 4 tbsp of grated coconut
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of ginger
1. Put the cashews and almonds in a food processor and process until it becomes flour-like.
2. Add the cashew and almond mix in the food processor, add the shredded coconut, dates, the (melted) coconut oil and water.
3. Process until it forms a sticky mixture.
4. Line an 8 x 8 baking tray with baking paper and place the mixture in the middle, then spread evenly.
5. Press the mixture down with a spoon until it's a nicely packed equal block so the bars will all be the same height.
6. Place the tray in the fridge for about 2 hours until it becomes firm.
7. Cut the chilled block with a sharp knife into your desired shape and sized bars - and enjoy!