A few weeks ago my sport buddy gave me a very delicious and healthy recipe for banana bread. It was exactly what I was looking for! Sometimes an apple or unsalted nuts will do, but at some point you just need something to ease you sugar cravings. It`s called a banana bread, but it looks and tastes more like a cake. This is a way better snack alternative than the muesli bars you buy in the grocery store. These so-called healthy candy bars contain way more sugar than you think.
I made this banana bread in the weekend so that I’d have a healthy snack throughout the whole week. I think it’s the best invention since… well forever! And what I love the most about this cake/bread is that you can vary it as much as you want!
What you need:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda or 3 teaspoons baking powder
To sweeten the bread you can add seedless dates, but I prefer blueberries and/or raspberries. The last time I also added 75 gram of crushed walnuts (highly recommended), but if you are a real chocoholic you can add 50 gram of 80% dark chocolate and 30 gram of grated coconut instead of fruit. If you like to give the cake more body, add a bit of oatmeal (50 grams) to the almond flour.
- Preheat your oven at 347°F.
- Mash the bananas with a hand mixer or blender until smooth (if you use dates add these before you start mixing)
- Wisk the eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt
- Mix the banana mixture with the eggs
- Add the almond flour and whatever fruits or nuts you may like en stir the mixture
- Pour the mixture into the cake mold
Now, put it in the oven for 45 minutes and wait quietly until the bread is ready. Enjoy!