Every day, I can think of a reason to make a cake. Unfortunately I don’t always have enough time bake one. That’s why I needed to come up with a simple recipe that satisfies my sweet tooth and at the same time is healthy and full of wonderful ingredients. This date-peach cake did the trick and has been a staple in my freezer ever since!
Ingredients for the first layer:
- 8 soft medjool dates
- 25 grams buckwheat
- 50 grams oatmeal
- 50 grams shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup or coconut blossom sugar
- 3 ripe peaches
Ingrediënts for the caramel layer:
- 225 ml water
- 10 soft medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- Place all the ingredients for the first layer in your food processor and mix until everything sticks together. When the ‘dough’ stays crumbly you can add some water and a date or two.
- Spoon out the mixture and press down firmly in your baking mold. Place in your fridge while preparing the caramel layer.
- For this goes the same, place all the ingredients in your food processor and mix until a soft caramel remains.
- Smear over the first layer and place the cake in your freezer for an hour until the caramel is hard.
- Decorate with strawberries and enjoy!
I hope you all enjoy my peach date pie! Don’t hesitate to let me know what you think!
No comment yet, add your voice below!