I love the feeling I get once spring arrives! Starting the day with the smell of flowers in the air and the warm sun shining on your skin. During spring time I also love to eat sweet and refreshing snacks. Therefore, I have made this fresh, light and fruity bread with a soy-yogurt base.
Recipe: Fruity yogurt bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of vegan (dairy-free) yogurt + ½ cup for the topping
- 1 ½ cups spelled flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ½ oz frozen cranberries + roughly 2 oz for topping
- 3 ½ oz frozen blackberries + roughly 2 oz for topping
- Add the cranberries and blackberries in a bowl and let them thaw.
- Preheat oven to 356 ºF.
- Stir the eggs and yogurt together.
- Mix the spelt flour, flaxseed oil and cinnamon through the egg and yogurt mixture.
- Gently stir the blackberries and cranberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a cake mold (with some baking paper so the bread can easily be removed).
- Let is bake for 40 minutes in the oven.
- Let the cake cool and add the remaining yogurt and berries on top.