Do you have a busy week coming up? This is the perfect recipe: very easy to make and supertasty! And you can find all the ingredients in every supermarket.
White Bean Salad with Peas and Mint
I like this salad best served alongside grilled chicken breast. But if you wanna go veggie, just leave the meat out. The peas and beans are fullfilling enough. This dish makes a great lunch or light main course on hot summer days. Prepare it the night before, take it to work/school and hurry to the beach/park to catch the last sunrays.
Say NO to unhealthy prepackaged fast food; this salad is perfect for a healthy picnic!
- 300 gram or 1 ½ cup white beans, drained and rinsed
- 300 gram or 1 ½ cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- zest and juice from half a lemon
- 50 gram or 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- grilled chicken breast (optional)
Combine everything in a bowl. Add a splash of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. If you are making this ahead combine everything except the mint, as fresh mint tends to turn black once cut it. Add the fresh mint leaves just before serving.
Special thanks to: http://notwithoutsalt.com