A few weeks ago Fit Girl Roos gave me her personal recipe for a delicious banana bread. Honestly, it was a while ago since I did some baking, so I was glad she got me back in the kitchen. The original recipe is with shredded coconut, but after I tried that one a couple of times, I decided to make an apple, cinnamon variation. You really gotta try this one because it tastes like apple pie! Super yummy :) If you make one on Sunday you have a healthy snack (or easy breakfast) throughout the whole week! For me personally, the invention of a healthy banana bread is a true Fit Girl life hack. So here we go!
Apple cinnamon banana bread
- 8 large tablespoons finely ground oatmeal
- 1 big apple
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 4 mashed ripe bananas
- 100 to 150 ml of unsweetened almond milk or skim milk
- 2 handfuls raisins
- 1 handful of chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla whey
- Optional: 3 tablespoons pure stevia
The recipe is super easy!
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees
- Mix the eggs with the bananas with an electric mixer or whisk
- Chop the apple into little pieces and add it to the banana egg mixture
- Add all the other ingredients too
- Greas the a rectangular cake tin and pour the mixture into it. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top the cake.
- Put the cake in the oven for 40-50 minutes until the top is golden brown. It's okay if the inside of the cake is still a little bit moist.