Let’s be honest: secretly we all want abs of steel. 😉 And no matter how boring those crunches are, training your abs is a very important part of your workout routine. It’s time to bring some variation into your abworkout! With these simple exercises you can train your abs just as hard.
The name of this workout is a bit silly (but let’s be honest, we can’t think of a better description ourselves), but that certainly doesn’t make it any less effective and in our opinion a lot nicer than crunches. This is how you do it:
- Lie down on your back and extend your arms. Raise your legs and bend your knees.
- Now extend your right arm backwards and at the same time move your left leg forward.
- Go back to the starting position and repeat with the other side.
With this exercise you can train your obliques, and we need them too! It’s a very effective workout, but it’s also super easy and quick to do. Sounds good, right? This is how to do it:
- Lie on your right side with your right arm extended and your left hand behind your ear. Lift your feet off the floor.
- Now move your knee and your elbow towards each other, while your right forearm remains flat on the floor.
Another fun name! This exercise is again very effective for killer abs and you can do it everywhere you want. You don’t have to move to do it, that’s what makes it a very easy exercise. Ready for some killer abs? Here you go:
- Take a plank position and make sure your back is straight and your elbows and hands lie flat on the floor.
- Lean with your hip to the left, while your spine remains straight. Then move to the right.
- Repeat this in a smooth motion to perform the exercise as well as possible.
You need a dumbbell for this exercise, but you can also use a big bottle filled with water. Be creative with what you have! Also with this exercise you train your oblique abs again. The more repetitions you can do in a minute, the more effective it is. This is how to do it:
- Grab a dumbbell and stand with your feet shoulder width.
- Slightly lower your knees and keep the dumbbell at knee height.
- Now lift the dumbbell above your head in a smooth motion and move it back to your knee in the same way.
With these exercises it can be more fun training your abs. So don’t listen to those excuses! What is your favorite ab workout? Let us know in the comments! 🙂