Everybody knows I’m a real cookie-monster. I eat cookies almost every day of the week and I don’t feel guilty about it. Want to know my secret? These chocolate-chip cookies are fluffy, coconut-ey and leave you asking for more. Once you get your hands on these clean cookies you’ll want to make them every time! They are super easy to make and it will only take you about 30 minutes.
I’ve been experimenting with clean cookies for a while now and they always turned out great, but this time I tried something different and they turned out even better! Chocolate-chip cookies with a coconut twist to it. So much flavour in every bite. Here’s the recipe for about 12 to 14 cookies (depending on the kinda cookie monster you are).
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup wholegrain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup coconut milk*
- 40 gr pure chocolate
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Make your oat flour. Use a chopper or grinder to finely chop the oats to a fine powdered consistency.
- Heat up a pan and toast the shredded coconut. Keep your eyes on the pan and toss the coconut around. Before you know it the white color will turn golden brown and a lovely coconut aroma will waft through your kitchen.
- Put all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together (oat flour, wholegrain flour, shredded coconut, baking powder and coconut sugar).
- Chop the chocolate into little chunks and add to the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients (coconut oil, vanilla, honey and coconut milk).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. You’re looking for a real cookie dough texture, so if the mixture’s to dry, add a little extra milk to it and if it’s to wet, just add a little more flour.
- Grab a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Make little balls of the cookie dough (about 1tbsp), align these on the baking sheet and press down to make the perfect cookie shape. The cookies won’t expand so you can place them close together as long as they’re not touching.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown and somewhat firm to the touch.**
- Remove from oven and let it set for a few minutes on the sheet. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool down.
- Serve a few cookies on a plate and save the remaining in an airtight container for a few days.
*All ingredients should be at room temperature, especially the coconut milk. Coconut oil hardens pretty fast when in contact with a cold ingredient and will be difficult to mix once it turned solid.
** Don’t worry if the cookies are a little under-baked, since there’s no eggs there will be no problem and they’ll just be a little more moist and chewy.
I hope you give these clean and guilt-free chocolate-chip cookies a try and don’t feel bad if you accidentally eat the whole batch in one time (it happens to me too). Check out the short tutorial video I posted on Instagram and don't forget to tag me and use #FITGIRLCODE if you give them a try!