The perfect crispy French fries! I really crave some fat and salty foods sometimes, and fries are my guilty pleasure! I’m pretty sure that I’m not the only one. Unfortunately, they aren't really healthy, as you probably already know, but they are absolutely delicious. That’s why I searched for a healthier and skinnier version. Curious what I found?
French fries made of celeriac, together with a homemade and healthier version of tzatziki. I can imagine that the idea of this version of French fries does not make your mouth water, but you will certainly be amazed by how tasteful they are!
What you need for 1 person:
- 1 celeriac (about 500 grams / 1 pound)
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic and paprika seasoning
- Olive oil
- 150 grams / 0,3 pound of yogurt or quark
- Fresh parsley
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel the celeriac and cut into strips (fry shaped).
- Put all the fries in a bowl and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons olive oil, sea salt, garlic and
paprika seasoning. Toss the fries around so the seasoning covers them all.
- Line an oven-tray with parchment paper and spread out the fries.
- Bake the fries for 45 minutes in the oven. Caution! Turn the fries after 25 minutes.
- Make the yogurt dressing out of yogurt, salt, garlic, pepper and freshly chopped parsley.
- Do you want to complete the dish? Bake some chicken strips with some salt and pepper and viola!