Healthy homemade wraps
I got you covered for dinner tonight! Try these buckwheat wraps filled with vegetables! I love wraps, they’re not only very yummy but they’re so easy to make. Perfect when you don’t have a lot of time to cook. No need to be a kitchen princess with this very easy recipe.
Apart from the fact that buckwheat is a gluten free product, it scores very low on the glycaemic scale. This means that your blood glucose level won’t rise rapidly. It also contains more protein than other types of grain, increases your resistance which isn’t entirely unimportant during these cold winter months.
One of the vegetables that I like to use is avocado. Many of you will know this healthy green buddy. Do you ever wonder why this vegetable is so healthy? It does contain a lot of calories and fat, but these fats are unsaturated fats and therefore very healthy. ½ an avocado gives us 20% of our daily need of fibres and 10% or vitamin K. It also lowers our cholesterol, improves our sight and it contains vitamin C which is healthy for our (muscle) tissue and repair of our body.
What you need for one person:
- 50 gr of buckwheat
- 100 ml water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Avocado
- 500 grams chinese wok vegetables
- 1 tablespoon quark
- Fresh coriander
- Salt, pepper, paprika and garlic
How to make it:
1. Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl with a whisk.
2. Put a pan on the stove and add a little olive oil. I only use olive oil for the first wrap; for the ones that follow no added oil is needed. Add a little of the garnishment in the pan turn and twist the pan in order for it to become like a pancake.
3. Give the wrap time to cook through properly. Put the pan on low fire and be careful when you turn the wrap on the other side.
4. Bake the wraps until they have some color. If they look a little stale, they’re ready to be filled with your toppings.
5. Fry the vegatables and herbs together.
6. I always start with a spread of quark and then add the vegetables.
See you next week sweeties!