In my search for lunch box recipes – as an alternative for the daily sandwich lunch, I would like to share these meat balls with couscous with you which is also suitable to have for dinner. It also reminds me of that one time in work where I had to sit on my own in an empty office with the window wide open as the smell of garlic reached all my colleagues. Ah well, I promise you, these balls are tasty to the max!
Meat balls with couscous
- 2 portions
- preparation: 20 minutes
- cooking: 25 minutes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Ketchup, 1 tbs
- Handful of parsley
- Paprika powder, 1 tsp
- Cumin powder, 1 tsp
- Bread, 1/2 slice
- Minced beef, 200 g / 7oz
- Olive oil, 3 tbsp
- Chopped tomatoes, 230 g / 8 oz in tin
- 1 Medium tomato
- Water, 90 ml / 3 fl. oz
- Couscous, to serve
- Put the egg, onion, half of the garlic, ketchup, parsley, paprika and cumin powder in a large bowl.
- Soak the bread in water, then squeeze to drain. Break it into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Mix in the minced beef until it is well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wet your hands and form small balls from the mixture.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over high heat, then carefully add the meatballs.
- Fry the meatballs for 3 minutes on each side, then remove from pan.
- Place the tinned and fresh tomatoes, water and the remaining garlic in a saucepan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently place the meatballs inside the saucepan and bring to boil.
- Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes. Meanwhile prepare coucous according to the instructions on the packet.
In your lunchbox arrange a layer of couscous and top with a portion of the meatballs.
Follow me on Instagram for more inspiration and from me to you:
~ Enjoy Your Meal ~ Eet Smakelijk ~ Bon Appétit ~ Selamat Makan ~
~ Njang Swietie ~ Itadakimasu ~ Tom Ka Kung ~