Summer is gone and autumn is here. And even though Christmas is still two months away, I‘m already thinking about winter, doesn’t everybody? During the colder days I love enjoying comfy food with a cup of hot tea. For me, comfy food is food you can eat in your pyjama on the couch.
Oats can be classified as comfy food. Oats with fruit, oat cookies or you can eat it the way I do: baked oats with blueberries and cinnamon. Thanks to the cinnamon the kitchen smells delicious and this will create an autumn ambiance. Oats are a good source of energy. The energy in oats make sure you can go on a few hours during the day without feeling hungry. The cinnamon makes you feel warmer and it also increases your resistance. Therefore, this is the perfect dish to survive the cold autumn days.
What do you need for 4 servings:
- 200 gr of oatmeal
- 600 ml of water
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon spice
- 8 drops of stevia or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- handful of blueberries
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven for 190 degrees.
- Mix the oatmeal, egg whites, cinnamon spices and sweeteners.
- Grease a baking pan with butter or coconut butter.
- Stir the baking powder together with the oatmeal and pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the blueberries on to the oatmeal and put the cake for 30 minutes in the oven..
- Optional: top with some Greek yogurt or quark.
Enjoy your delicious dish and I’ll see you next week!