Studentenvoer posted a really nice recipe on Dutchfitnesscommunity that we just had to share! It’s a pancake recipe and who doesn’t like pancakes?! Even more interesting is the fact that these pancakes help you to work-out at your best, and to improve your performance, because these special pancakes contain a lot of proteins and carbs.
What do you need?
- 2 scoops of sports pancakes
- handful of strawberries
- 130 ml water
- 200 gr quark
- 1 spoon of pure cocoa
- 1 spoon of shredded coconut
- 1 spoon of flaxseed
- 1 spoon of chia seeds
- cacao nibs
What to do?
The steps are relatively simple and are doable for everyone. Even a kitchen klutz like me was able to do it! Just follow the instructions and you’ll be fine.
1. Mix the amount of the Sports Pancakes with the amount of water, cacao, chia seed and flaxseed.
2. Cut the strawberries into smaller bite-sized pieces.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan.
4. Wait until the coconut oil is hot enough. After this, you can bake 2 thin slices of pancakes right after each other.
5. Wait until the upper part of the pancake is dry. If this is the case, spin the pancake.
6. When the pancakes are done, serve them on a plate. After this, spread the upper-side of the pancake with quark.
7. Roll the pancakes and decorate it with the strawberries, shredded coconut, and sprinkle it with cacao nibs.
Are you going to try this out at home?