When I decided to start eating healthier about a year ago I made the compromise with myself to have a healthy breakfast and lunch at least 5 times a week, and a healthy dinner whenever I was not in a social gathering. This was hard at the beginning but as time went by it naturally became easier. Fast forward one year and now the hard part is finding what to eat in between my breakfast and lunch as a snack. If you are anything like me then you’ll know that getting creative with food can get tricky and then you find yourself feeling clueless about what to eat when the hunger strikes between breakfast and lunch. Therefore I decided to make some research and find some inspiration about what to eat as as in-between snack.
The truth is that I have a pretty good idea of what it means to eat healthy. I’ve invested a lot of my time in researching what the healthiest foods are out there and I try to incorporate all my knowledge as much as possible. But for some reason I had never worried about my in-between snacks. (Hmm maybe this has a lot to do with that fat roll that simply won’t go away?) To be honest, it was not until I started working at Fitgirlcode that I realized that I get hungry in between breakfast and lunch, and that I had no idea what to eat then. I really needed to find some inspiration and ideas and while I was searching for them I came across this super easy to make snacks.
These snacks are so easy to make, which is why they are perfect for anyone that dislikes cooking and preparing stuff (like me!) or simply does not have time to be preparing elaborate stuff. The best part? They are so pretty and Instagram worth it! You’ll Instagram feed will thank you!
Greek yogurt with berries and chia seeds
This mid-day snack is so simple to make and you only need 3 ingredients to prepare it!
- 200g low-fat greek yoghurt
- 1 table spoon chia seeds
- 170 g mixed berries (you can choose between frozen or fresh berries)
Method of preparation:
You just have to follow 2 simple steps:
- Place the yoghurt, chia seeds and half of the berries in a bowl and stir until they are well mixed.
- Pour the remaining berries on top. This is so Instagram-proof!
Avocado with Feta & Pomegranate on Toast
This mid-day snack is so pretty and tasteful! The best part is that it is really filling.
- 1 slice of wholemeal or rye bread
- 30g low-fat, salt-reduced feta cheese (you can also replace this for cottage cheese)
- ¼ sliced avocado
- 1 small handful pomegranate seeds
- Lemon juice (you can choose how much if not at all)
- Salt (you can choose how much if not at all)
Method of preparation
Three simple steps is all you need to do:
- Toast the bread to your preference
- Place the avocado slices first, then add the feta/cottage cheese and sprinkle the pomegranate seeds
- Squeeze over the lemon and salt (if you decided to add some) and voilà
Veggie soldiers with herb yoghurt
Because sometimes we don’t have the time to make our food look Instagram worthy we need to find options which are fast to prepare and don’t need to be served in a specific and “complicated” way! This is one of the easier if not the easiest snack you will come across.
- 50g low-fat Greek yoghurt
- ¼ medium carrot, sliced vertically
- ¼ medium cucumber, sliced vertically
- 1//2 medium capsicum, sliced vertically
- 2 table spoons fresh dill, chopped
- Lemon juice (optional)
*You can add any other vegetable of your preference.
Method of preparation
- To prepare to herb yoghurt you need to: place the yoghurt in a bowl, pour in the lemon juice and dill and mix until they are well combined.
- Dip your veggie soldier in the Greek yoghurt. That’s it!
There you go girls, no more eating boring (or even worse unhealthy!) in-between snacks. I hope you try this super easy to make, pretty snacks. My favorite out of this selection is the avocado with feta and pomegranate on toast. Do you have a preference as well? Do you have any more ideas for healthy and easy to make in-between snacks? Let us know in the comments! Any suggestion that keeps my in-between snacks far from boring is welcome!