Did you skip breakfast because you’re in a hurry? Never again with these babies! These fluffy banana breakfast muffins are nutritious, filling and taste wonderful. Plus, they’re free of added sugars and fat!
Healthy banana breakfast muffins
For 10-12 muffins, you’ll need:
- 3 medium/large overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup oat flour (you can also make this yourself by grinding oats in a food processor)
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup spelt flour
- handful of chopped dates
- handful of chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tspn baking powder
- ½ tspn baking soda
- A food processor or blender
- A muffin tray
It is important that you use overripe bananas; that means really spotty, almost completely brown bananas. This way you don’t need to add sugar as the bananas will give a nice sweet flavour. These muffins are also a great way to use up overripe bananas and not throw them out.
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Put the bananas, eggs and vanilla extract in the food processor. Next, add the oat flour, the buckwheat flour, spelt flour, and blend until smooth.
3. Add the chopped dates, the chopped walnuts, the baking powder and the baking soda to the mixture.
4. Divide the batter among the muffin tray.
5. Put the tray in the oven for about 25-30 minutes; they are ready when they are golden brown colour in colour.
Make a batch in the weekend, and you’ll have a great start of the day the entire week. Enjoy your healthy banana breakfast muffins! Let us know how they turned out x