I don’t like to label myself, but if there is a word I like to use it’s ‘balance’. I always try to find a balance in everything I do. Whether it’s yoga, nutrition or my daily life. For me, living a balanced lifestyle means alternating good with the bad. Especially when it comes to nutrition, it is important to be aware of what you put into your body and what kind of energy you get it.
The last three years I experimented with clean eating and I tried to transform unhealthy dishes into something healthier and ‘cleaner’ with various recipes. And of course I love to share some of those recipes here! My weekends are always full with baking and certainly on Sunday is #pancakesunday with me. Here is the sweet potato pancake recipe I made last Sunday!
SWEET POTATO PANCAKES
Yes, you read that right. A pancake made from sweet potato. By making the pancakes with sweet potato, you get a natural sweet taste to it. The sweet potato pancake has an airy texture and are light orange in colour. These pancakes remind me of my favourite Thanksgiving dish and I’m so glad I’ve found a good way to experience these flavours more often, not only once a year!
- 1 sweet potato
- Half cup oatmeal (or oatmeal)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into small pieces.
- Bring some water to boil and cook the sweet potato until soft (about 10 minutes).
- In the meantime, make your oatmeal. Take a blender or food processor to chop the oats into fine pieces until it is in powder form.
- Use a blender to mix all the ingredients. Blend until it is smooth. The texture that you need is thicker than the traditional Dutch pancake.
- Put a pan on medium-high heat. Grease the pan in use with a cooking spray or a little oil (e.g., coconut oil, sunflower oil, or vegetable oil).
- Cook the pancakes for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- When they are ready, remove them from the pan and start building your tower pancakes!
- Pour a little honey over it and add some fruit and you’re ready to eat them!
Give this guilt-free sweet potato pancake recipe a chance and let me know what you thought of them, I am very curious! You can always follow me on Instagram to get an insight into my balanced lifestyle and for more clean recipes. Use the hashtag #libertysuares so I can see your creations 🙂