On a scale of 1 to stepping on lego, how much do you hate feeling bloated? With all the hard work and effort you put into this new and improved body, you don’t want to have a “food baby” every time you eat something. Luckily, there is something you can do about it!
After receiving and hearing so many women complain about bloated bellies, we sat down together and came up with 5 tips to prevent a bloated belly.
1. Rule out any wheat or lactose. Some of us are (unknowingly) lactose intolerant which causes bloating. You can check this with your doctor, or if that seems a little drastic to you, pay attention to what you have eaten before you felt bloated. This might point out that it often happens after you have eaten bread or drank milk for example.
2. Avoid foods that makes you gassy, such as all beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower.
3. Eat high fiber foods such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, and seeds. They are extremely good for you and will prevent the food baby!
4. Drink plenty of water, and don’t drink soda (carbonated) drinks. Soda is not only packed with sugars, but it also contains a lot of carbon acid, which will cause your belly to bloat.
5. Eat slowely. By chewing your food longer and better you will mix more saliva which will make you digest your food better. Also, don’t watch TV or check your phone or computer during dinner. Try to make dinner last for at least 30 minutes, eat slowly and enjoy it to the max.
Are there any more tips that you know of? Let us know in the comments and share them with your fellow Fit Girls.