How to brighten your smile with activated charcoal
Forget about whitening toothpaste and expensive treatments at the dentist, you can have whiter and brighter teeth within 5 minutes for less than $20 (€14,99) !!! How? With one little capsule of activated charcoal!
This has to be by far the craziest thing I have ever done on the beauty department but the results are really worth it!! I came across an article on Pinterest that claimed that activated charcoal powder could brighten your smile. Needless to say that it caught my attention. How could this black powder, whiten your teeth...? Well, it has an absorbent quality, which can pull out stains, bacteria and toxins from our mouths.
What do you need?
- one old toothbursh
- one capsule of activated charcoal
- water or a sink nearby
- wet your toothbrush
- gently twist the capsule open
- empty the capsule on your toothbrush and bring the toothbrush to your mouth
- place the toothbrush on your teeth and start brushing! It will be a little bit “powdery” at the beginning, but your saliva will soon take over and spread the powder everywhere. You could also add a small amount of toothpaste to your toothbrush and dip into the charcoal powder if you prefer.
- Keep brushing gently for 3 to 5 minutes. In between brushing you can spit into the cup. This will make clean up easier!
- Rinse you mouth with water and dont forget to brush your tongue!
- Dump your spit cup in the toilet and flush!
Your teeth will look brighter and feel really clean afterwards!
For the best result try doing this once daily, 3 days in a row. Or even 5 days in a row if your teeth are badly stained.
I guess doing this routine 4 times a year is more that enough to keep your teeth white and clean!
I am really curious if any of you ever tried whitening your teeth with activated charcoal? Do you have any tips how to whiten you teeth naturally? Comment below!