Did you know that we have a Sweet ‘n Salty Recipes e-book? The only problem is that it’s in Dutch. BUTTT we are translating it at the moment and wanted to give you a sneak peek into what the book has to offer! Basically, the book contains 25 recipes for savory snacks, and 25 sweet snack recipes. Most of the snacks are made in such a way that they are healthy and easy to make. However, we of course had to include some of our favourite treats as well! We couldn’t just withhold what makes us happy! haha Now, in our newsletter we are going to share 3 of the sweet recipes with you over the coming weeks. Which is a solid enough reason for you to sign up for our newsletter, don’t you think? Wait no more and sign up HERE!!
The good news is that we want to share 1 of those 3 recipes with you right here, right now! Can you guess which one that is? Well duhh it’s written in the title… It’s the CHOCOLATE FUDGE BARSSSS!!! Now, let’s get to work! Here’s the chocolate bar recipe:
I made this snack all on my own with nothing else than the recipe (and the ingredients of course). What I mean by that is: If I can do it, you can as well! So, even if you’re not a culinary expert in the kitchen, don’t worry, this e-book will make sure that you can get your healthy snacks done and ready in no time and with minimal efforts. On a side note, I had a lot of fun making this snack (and the other snacks whose recipes I will be sharing in the newsletter), so grab your friends, partner, parent, children,… (!) and enjoy the making of the snacks as much as you will enjoy eating them.
Ingredients you will need
One of the perks of this recipe is that you will only need 3 ingredients! And all of these ingredients you will most likely already have in your kitchen.
1. 175 gr (6.2 oz) chocolate (72% cacao)
2. 200 gr (7 oz) peanut butter
3. 2 wholegrain rice cakes (you can use more if you like)
(4). Coconut oil to grease your saucepan.
Step by step instructions
1. Heat up the peanut butter in a saucepan that has a layer of coconut oil in it (to prevent the peanut butter from sticking to the bottom of the pan).
2. Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
3. Once the peanut butter has melted, add the chocolate to it and let it melt as well. Keep the heat on a low in order to avoid the mixture from burning. Also, keep stirring gently!
4. Crumble the rice cakes into the pan, and MIX!
5. After everything has melted, pour the mixture into a square mold that you’ve covered in baking paper.
6. Put it in the fridge for 1.5 hours.
7. After the wait, cut everything into 8 pieces.
8. Leave it in the fridge again for 1.5 hours or more.
There you have it! Your very own homemade chocolate fudge bars. I absolutely loved making these bars, it was fun playing around with all these sweet ingredients and making something fancy out of them. I truly felt like a masterchef. haha In terms of the taste I think I did quite well, only next time I will add in more rice cakes! Overall the bars were very tasty, I simply thought that the bars were a just a tad too chocolatey. Try out the recipe and comment how it went down below. Also, if you liked reading about this recipe and you’d be interested in buying the Guide in English, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a fan of following fun recipes? The more creative and original the better! Here is our peanut butter recipe >
While you wait for our Sweet ‘n Salty recipes e-book to launch, you can have fun cooking using our Happy Healthy Guide >