A while ago I realized I am in the midst of my quarter life crisis. On the one hand I immensely enjoy grown-up-people stuff like: owning a home, staying in on Friday nights and getting a puppy. But on the other hand I am still a rebellious youngster who wants to rage against machines and travel the world in her underpants. That’s why I decided to make a bucket list. I figured if I live my days by personal goals and plans, chances are less likely I spend most of my time caught up in a haze of day-to-day-activities.
A bucket list is a collection of anything and everything you’ve ever wanted to do, whether it’s big, small or random. It’s like planning ahead all the highlights you want for your whole life. It might sound a bit control freak-ish, but I think having a bucket list reminds you of what’s really important so you can act on it.
This is my bucket list, where I have listed all things I want to do, feel, experience, see and achieve before I die.
- Become a woman who is comfortable and confident in her own skin
- Run 10 k within an hour
- Make a journey around the world together with my boyfriend and visit at least the U.S, South America and Australia
- Spend more than 1000 EUR on a shopping spree
- Pursue my passion and turn it into a career
- Have my own car
- Own a (mint green) Volkswagen camper van
- Go sky diving
- Own a cosy lunchroom with delicious and healthy food
- Go on a hot air balloon flight
- Read the Koran
- Learn to speak Spanish fluently
- Swim with dolphins
- Make a bonfire on the beach
- Being able do to one complete pull up
- Stomp grapes to make my own wine
- Do voluntary work for a few months in a developing country
- Give a speech for 1000 people
- Trek and camp in nature for at least a week
- Visit a nude beach
I am sure I will add things to this list every once in a while, but these 20 things were the most pressing on my mind right now.
If you want to create your own bucket list, these questions might help you:
- What if you were to die tomorrow? What would you wish you could do before you die?
- What would you do if you had unlimited time, money and resources?
- What have you always wanted to do but have not done yet?
- Any countries, places or locations you want to visit?
- What are your biggest goals and dreams?
- What do you want to see in person?
- What achievements do you want to have?
- What experiences do you want to have / feel?
- Are there any special moments you want to witness?
- What activities or skills do you want to learn or try?
- What are the most important things you can ever do?
- What would you like to say/do together with other people? People you love? Family? Friends?
- Are there any specific people you want to meet in person?
- What do you want to achieve in the different areas: Social, Love, Family, Career, Finance, Health (your weight, fitness level), Spiritual?
- What do you need to do to lead a life of the greatest meaning?
Please share at least three items of your own bucket list. I’d love to get inspired by you guys!