We all know the famous Waldorf salad… Traditionally made with chicken, walnuts, apple, celery and mayonnaise. Mmmm, it’s one of my favorites! Since I don’t eat mayonnaise anymore, (as always) I’ve chosen to make an alternative… A healthy and delicious chicken celery salad! And I hope you guys will believe me when I say that this salad tastes even better than the original Waldorf salad!
Tip: I always bake enough chicken for 2 days. That way, I can enjoy this salad again the next day!
Delicious chicken celery salad for 2 portions:
- 300 gr. chicken filet
- 1 banana
- 5 celery stalks
- Roughly crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp quark
- Salt, pepper and garlic spices
- Optional: pieces of pineapple
How to do it:
- Bake the chicken with some garlic, salt and pepper spices
- Cut the celery and the banana into pieces
- Cut the chicken into slices and add the celery and the banana
- Add the walnuts and quark and mix
- Taste if the dish needs some more spices like salt, pepper and garlic
- Serve and enjoy!
This delicious chicken celery salad can also be served as a appetizer, a small bite or a sidedish with a BBQ.
See you next week!