These chocolate avocado cookies are one of my favorite things to bake. They're easy, healthy and don't take a lot of preparation and time! And there's chocolate in it - that should be enough reason by itself to be your all-time favorite (healthy) cookie. As a huge chocoholic I could honestly eat the entire batch in one go ;) I got the recipe from this awesome blog, so all credits really go her for this amazing chocolate avocado cookies recipe!
- 100 g. (3/4 cup) avocado flesh (ripe, but not brown)
- ½ cup (120mL) coconut sugar OR honey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (120ml) raw cacao powder
- 50 g. dark chocolate chunks (make sure the percentage of cacao is above 75% - the higher, the better)
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Mix the avocado and coconut sugar/honey in a bowl or a food processor until it's a smooth consistency. Then add the egg.
- Throw in the cacao powder and the baking soda and mix it all.
- Break the chocolate in chunks and stir these through. Do NOT use your mixer or food processor, just stir them into the batter.
- Get spoonfulls of the cookie dough and place them on the baking sheet. I always use another spoon to get it off the other spoon since the batter is quite thick. They also won't spread by themselves, so you can flatten them out a bit with the back of the spoon.
- Bake them for 8-10 minutes. Check if the cookies don't stick that much to the paper anymore as they did before you put them in the oven.
- Let them cool down. Now eat! :) Or store them in an air-tight container in your fridge so you have some more for the rest of the week or to share with your BFFF.