One of the most used excuses for not working out, is probably ‘I don’t have time’. Oh yes, you do have time! It’s about making exercising a priority; you don’t need to workout 7 days a week, but try 3 times. Everybody can fit in those three hours a week; these three hours are only 1.8 percent of your week! So here are some tips that will help you get going!
How to make time for exercise
– When you get home after a long day, whatever you do, DON’T crash on the couch. You probably won’t get up anymore once you do. Lace up those running shoes first thing so you can’t change your mind!
– Always have a gym bag ready, with gym clothes, shoes, a water bottle and a towel – this way, you can grab and go as soon as you get home.
– Even better; take this bag with you in the morning, so you can go to the gym directly after work/school/etc.
– Schedule your workouts. Like I said, it is about making exercise a priority; it’s not about finding time, but making time. When you plan your workouts, you’ll be less likely to back out.
– Get up half an hour earlier and try a morning workout (go for a walk, a run, or a yoga session) – this could be rough the first week, but the second week will be easier and the third week you’ll be hooked to your new routine. This is a super energizing way to start your day!
– Go to the gym group fitness classes – the teacher and the group will motivate you to give your best, but perhaps even more importantly, you can’t walk out or quit before the class is over, you will have to finish it! No more backing out of that last rep anymore!
– Try online workouts. This could have the same effect as a group fitness class; you don’t really have to think, just follow the instructions.
– Last but not least: remember why you want it. Exercising has so many benefits; you’ll look good and. So even if you have a rough week and you’re feeling sluggish and tired, try to get a quick session because this will actually give you more energy!
What is your motivation to go to the gym even after a long day? How do you make time for exercise? Share your tips and tricks with us!