I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Avocado works well with anything. In this recipe by CafeDelites, it is put together with smoked salmon on a pizza that will have you drooling. You can choose to prepare the base and eat the smoked salmon and avocado fresh, or you can pop it back into the oven to heat up all the ingredients and get some extra-cheesiness. Your pick. ;)
Here's what you need:
- 4 tablespoons low fat or fat free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1 wholewheat store bought pizza base (prepared), or a flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon of garlic olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup light/reduced fat grated mozzarella cheese
- 100g smoked salmon
- ½ an avocado, sliced thinly
- a handful of fresh baby rocket/arugula
- Lemon Pepper
- ½ cup (optional) light/reduced fat grated mozzarella cheese
How to make it:
- First, preheat your oven to 200C | 390F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese with the dill and the crushed garlic. Mix well.
- Drizzle the olive oil onto the pizza base and spread with the cream cheese mixture. Top with the onion rings and the mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the mozzarella has melted through.
- Remove from oven; top with the salmon and avocado slices and rocket/arugula leaves. Sprinkle with lemon pepper and serve, or top with the (extra) cheese and place back into the oven to warm the avocado and salmon through.
Special thanks to CafeDelights for sharing this one. Have you tried this recipe out? Leave your comments below on how it went. Happy cooking!