It’s time for a new workout! We often hear that women don’t like training their arms as much as the rest of the body. Maybe it’s because the exercises can be quite intensive, but did you know that your shoulders and upper back contain the least fat of your entire body? So if you do the right arm exercises, you can give this area a makeover in no time!
THE THREE BEST ARM WORKOUTS
The normal push-up
The great thing about the push-up is that you can do it anytime and anywhere. These exercises not only provide training for your arm and chest muscles, but also make your core stronger.
- Lie flat on the floor with your face to the ground. Keep your feet together. Your weight must rest on your chest.
- Put your hands down with your palms flat on the floor, slightly wider than your shoulders and with your elbows facing your toes.
- Now raise yourself by using your arms. At this point your weight must be carried by your hands and the ball of your feet.
- Make sure you are in a straight line from your head to your feet. You call this position a ”plank” and you can also use it for various other exercises.
- This is the start and end position of a push-up.
On your knees:
If you are still unable to do a regular push-up, try to do it on your knees. You can also start with normal push-ups and then move to your knees if it gets too heavy. Follow the instructions for the normal push-up, but keep both knees on the floor. Make sure you use your chest, shoulders, and triceps to raise yourself. Don’t use your hips or back!
You probably see people waving more and more in the gym with a weight that looks like a cannonball with a handle. Those weird things are called ”kettlebells”, and they have used for centuries by Russian powerhouses to become ”strong as a bull”. If you don’t have a kettlebell yet, you can buy one, use a dumbbell or even a bottle filled with water.
- Sit on your knees and put the kettlebell (dumbbell/waterbottle) in front of you.
- Grab it with both hands, hold your elbows along your body and lift the kettlebell to the height of your chest and put it back.
- Make sure you keep your back straight and push your pelvis forward as you lift the weight.
This reverse push-up is the complete opposite of the normal push-up. Your hands and feet are still on the floor, but you are in an inverted position.
- Lie down with your back on the floor, with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands on the floor with your ears flat and palms facing your feet. Your elbows should then face the ceiling.
- Raise your hips towards the ceiling and at the same time push your shoulders off the ground by actively using your arms.
- Fully extend your arms, bend your back and lift your heels off the ground.
- Slowly lower yourself again until you lie down and repeat the exercise.
- If your body is raised, you should form a nice arch and your head should hang straight down.
So, now you know what to do! Try to do what you can, but don’t go too far. You may challenge yourself, but do it with your mind and listen carefully to your body. Reaching your goal can also take a little longer than a month. It doesn’t matter! The most important thing is that you take steps towards your goal. This is how you will ultimately get there! Good luck girls!
No comment yet, add your voice below!