Who doesn't like pasta! We eat here at the Fitgirlcode HQ so many variations; with meat, fish or vegetarian. Hot or cold, it doesn't matter to us. Today we share one of our favorite recipes: the healthy chicken pesto pasta. Buon appetito! :)
- Whole grain penne ( I love penne, but you can use any other type of pasta that you like)
- Chicken fillet or smoked chicken fillet (it's just what your prefer)
- Jar of pesto, or make your own pesto
- Cherry tomatoes or dried tomatoes (I usually alternate)
- Pine nuts
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions.
- Cut the chicken fillet into small pieces / cubes and fry it in (coconut) oil until done.
- Sift the pasta and stir in the pesto to taste (I really like pesto so I usually add 2,5 tablespoons).
- Cut the mozzarella and tomatoes into small pieces and add it to the pasta.
- Roast the pine nuts briefly on high heat and add a small hand of nuts.
- Finish the dish with some basil leaves and enjoy!
Are you looking for more food inspiration? We have a #FITGIRLCODE Guide, with more recipes and workoutschedules! Start your Fit journey with one of our Guides! Let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments :)