In my experience and those of my clients, I noticed that it is sometimes pretty difficult to cook for your whole family, boyfriend or friends if you want to watch what you’re eating. 9 out of 10 times, I am eating something different than my boyfriend does at night. Despite that, I always cook with fresh ingredients, even though he doesn’t have to watch what he’s eating. For example, cheese as a topping for a lasagna is possible for him but not for me.
Therefore, it can sometimes be pretty difficult to cook something that is good and nice for the both of us! Making two meals isn’t quite handy, is it? So that’s why I try to combine my meals by cooking some extra rice or having another sauce. This happened today as well… Two different lasagnas in one casserole. They had the same sauce but a different composition. One lasagna with tomato sauce, vegetables, lasagna leafs, minced meat and cheese, and one healthy version with tomato sauce, cottage cheese and vegetables. A good recommendation!
What do you need for 4 portions (2 portions of normal lasagna – 2 portions of vegetable lasagna)
- 3 cans of tomatoes (preferably organic)
- 4 tomatoes
- 200 gr tomato purée
- 1 onion
- 300 gr minced meat
- Spelt lasagna leafs
- 2 zucchinis
- 250 gr cottage cheese
- Grated cheese
- Oregano, garlic, salt and pepper spices
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven at 190 degrees Celsius.
- Fry the minced meat with some salt and pepper. Put the meat away in a bin and set it aside.
- Put the pan back on the fire and put a bit of olive oil in it. Cut the onion in pieces and put them in the pan.
- Fry the onions and add the tomatoes together with the oregano, garlic, salt and pepper spices.
- Add the canned tomatoes and leave the mix for 5 minutes.
- Cut the courgette into thick horizontal stripes so that it has the form of a lasagna leaf.
- Grab a casserole and grease it with some olive oil.
- We start with the normal lasagna. Put 2 lasagna leafs on the first half of the casserole.
- Put 1/2 minced meat on it and 2 slices of courgette. Add 1/4 of the sauce.
- Again, put two lasagna leafs on the mix with the rest of the minced meat and again add two slices of courgette. Add 1/4 of the sauce. (you now have used half of the tomato sauce.)
- Add some grated cheese on top of the lasagna.
- Now it’s the vegetable lasagna’s turn. Add the cottage cheese to the tomato sauce and mix it up.
- Add 3 courgette leafs on the bottom of the other half of the casserole. Add 1/3 of the sauce.
- Repeat this 2 more times until there’s no more sauce.
- Add some oregano spices and put the casserole in the oven for 40 minutes.